The 4 Stages to Future-Proofing Your Business Against the Impact of Load Shedding
Business owners have more than enough challenges when it comes to ensuring the long-term sustainability of their business but now, there is the reality of load shedding to which there seems to be no end in sight as the embattled energy provider spirals out of control with debt rising on an annual basis.
What can business owners do?
If you scroll through social media posts on Eskom and load shedding, you will find no shortage of tempers rising, frustration, despair, and in some cases the public stating that ‘enough is enough’ in the language I would rather not use here.
Business owners need to face the reality that turning this state-owned enterprise around from a R400+ billion loss will not happen overnight therefore the impacts on revenues will continue. How long can small businesses hold on? It would be an interesting exercise to research the impact load shedding has had on small businesses but, that is not the purpose of this document.
Business owners have two choices really. The first is to join the complaints bandwagon but we all know that won’t change anything. The second and more productive choice is to future proof your business against the impacts of load shedding. How you say? Let’s look at the 4 stages of future-proofing your business against the impact of load shedding.
The best way to future proof your business against the impact of load shedding is by leveraging and taking advantage of the digital world and what is now known as the 4th Industrial Revolution. Some see this as a problem for business owners but in my view and experience, when you adapt to this new revolution by leveraging technology and the Internet, you set your business up for success.
This stage involves carrying out a Digital Footprint Audit on your business. The advancement of technology and the Internet continues to expand local, national, and global reach for business owners in ways that only a few years ago was not possible. The next decade is going to be ruled by businesses that have embraced and adapted to the digital world.
How do you leverage the digital world for small business?
The first step is to determine what is missing from your business having an online presence then identify the training and resources you require to get this up to date.
- Website address.
- Social media profiles.
We do not require any login information as we will be visiting the above from a prospect’s point of view and with our expertise on business transformation for the digital age, we will document the gaps in your digital footprint as well as recommend changes and updates you require to ensure you position your business to take advantage of the digital world.
We will also provide you with business growth strategies you can implement to put you ahead of your competition. There is NO COST for this service and there is NO CATCH.
Gaining clarity on what your digital footprint is will reveal opportunities for growth by ensuring your online presence is stronger than that of your competitor. This is not about doing business online but, ensuring your business, products, and services are online and accessible to more prospects, leads, and clients than ever before.
This stage involves an audit of your business’s effective implementation of the fundamentals. While this may seem like a given, my experience has shown that even businesses who have been active for more than 30 years have either forgotten the basics, implemented them incorrectly or, not implemented at all.
Scaling your business up to the next level requires that the foundation of your business is sound. The elements we are talking about here are:
- Clarity on your market-dominating position (USP – Unique Selling Proposition).
- Clarity on your perfect target market (detailed description of your ideal client).
- Knowing what your prospects are thinking when they decide what to buy.
- Elevator pitch (a message compelling prospects to choose you as provider).
- Lead capturing capabilities on your website (ensuring you capture details of visitors).
- Drip campaigns (relationship building email series to accompany the buyer’s journey).
- Adherence to the Conversion Equation (interrupt, engage, educate, offer).
- Bundling of products and services to reduce price haggling.
- The ability to down-sell, upsell, and cross-sell.
These fundamentals will ensure your online presence places your business in contention to increase revenues by out-performing your competition.
This stage involves introducing advanced business strategies that can double, triple, and even quadruple your revenues with easy to implement strategies that require NO marketing budget and can deliver results within 30-90 days.
These strategies include:
- Setting a referral program in place.
- Identifying and setting up alliances and joint ventures by using the customer event chain.
- Internet marketing activities that require no marketing budget.
- Introduction of additional products and services to increase transactions and revenues.
- Understanding and applying the bulletproof marketing equation.
- Creating a competition-crushing sales process that once set-up, requires no attention to deliver results.
- Creating additional value in your business to increase the number of transactions, prices, and profits.
- How to mine the gold in your client database.
- How to re-activate stale clients.
Applying these advanced business growth strategies will provide you with the tools to scale your business to the next level.
Unlike the current load shedding threat, this is the final stage of future proofing your business against the impact on your revenues and profits. Now that you have all the above-mentioned in place, it is time to set-up a lead generation process that will ensure a continued flow of targeted prospects to your business and with the other strategies in place, these prospects will soon convert to leads and finally customers.
You can have all the right elements of your online presence set-up perfectly and working in an automated process but, if you do not have a consistent flow of prospects, you might as well not be online. Your online presence does not guarantee success just because you are online. The lead generation process I use in my business has been developed and perfected over the last 6 months and is the sole source of all my prospects, leads, and customers in 2019.
We are entering a new decade that is certain to be dominated by those who adapt to and leverage the digital world, the Internet, and elements of the 4th Industrial Revolution and as a business owner, you have one of three choices:
- Stay as you are and ride out the storm and indications are it will be a rough ride.
- Identify the gaps in your knowledge and skills to take you business into the new age, then access the training you require HERE so you can learn in a self-paced manner.
- Fast track your progress by requesting your Complimentary Digital Footprint Audit HERE then accept my offer of a Complimentary 45-Minute Business Breakthrough Consultation where together we can identify the opportunities for growth in your business and set out a strategic plan for you to follow to take your business to the next level in 2020 and beyond. There is no catch and no obligation but, at the end of this process you will have clarity on what is required, and you can make an informed decision on how to proceed.
Whatever choice you make…you need to make a choice then act daily in that direction to achieve the goals you have set for yourself and your business. Knowledge without action NEVER produces results.
Make the conscious decision to give your business a fighting chance in the next decade…you owe it to yourself.“Your Success Is Our Focus!”